#DMSHealth Twitter Chat Recap: Cultural Differences in Caregiving
New month, new #DMSHealth chat. This week we discussed cultural differences in caregiving. How the culture has a large influence on how the caregiving task is dictated. In fact, it is so important that it builds the unspoken guidelines to follow.
All of our guest agreed on how the patient’s culture brings an intrinsic determination to the care services he or she receives. And how in many countries caregiving is perceived differently. Some were shocked to learn how a patient is regarded in other parts of the world. Our questions were:
- What cultural differences are seen in caregiving?
- What socio-economical factors from each culture determine a good or bad caregiving experience?
- How much does culture influence caregiving?
- What are the advantages of caring for a loved one at home?
- What are the advantages of registering your loved one at a care home?
- Do cultural minorities in a certain country see a difference when they take on the task of caregiving?
- Which is best for life expectancy: home or institution, is it culturally linked?
- How can the caregiving tasks be molded around the patient’s culture?
Be sure to join us every Wednesday at 3pmEST using the hashtag #DMSHealth with your Twitter account. We have included our chat recap below: