Body Sport Air Ankle Stirrup Brace Product Review
The Body Sport Air Ankle Stirrup Brace is offered in a universal size and comes with an air pump to adjust the amount of air cushioning support.
Body Sport Air Ankle Stirrup Brace Product Features
This orthopedic support device includes the following features:
- The Body Sport air ankle brace is built from a pair of rigid shells, placed on either side of the ankle with a connecting segment beneath the heel. Cushioned air filled bladders, which can be adjusted by adding or removing air with the included air pump, pad the ankle itself between the outer shells, and a pair of wide Velcro straps hold the sides in place.
- The medical grade air bladders are designed for allowing airflow around the ankle and cushioning ankle bones and injured tissues alike.
What Buyers Like About the Body Sport Air Ankle Stirrup Brace
Buyers enjoy these features of the orthopedic support:
- This brace provides some of the most substantial support available among orthopedic supports for a person recovering from surgery or injury. It prevents inversion, prevents the foot and ankle from rolling and twisting, and can be used during high impact athletic endeavors.
- The adjustable air bladders along the two sides of the ankle helps to prevent edema and swelling around the injured ankle.
- This brace can be worn over absorbent athletic socks or even dress stockings, and its padded sides keep it comfortable for the user.
- This brace is easy to strap on in just a matter of seconds by fastening the easy Velcro straps. The wearer simply places the heel of the foot on top of the center connecting piece, lifts the two sides so they encase the ankle, and fastens the two straps so the brace holds the ankle in snug and supported comfort.
- This brace can be worn all day, or simply put on for occasions that might cause undue stress on a recovering ankle.
- The adjustable support system provides far more stability than a simple wrapping job or even a fabric brace and at the same time is less cumbersome than a full walking cast. It can be used during a phase of recovery when a patient needs maximum support for the ankle, and can be replaced later by a less robust and slimmer model of support.
What Buyers Don’t Like About the Body Sport Air Ankle Stirrup Brace
This support system is somewhat bulkier than the fabric designs of simple wraps, although its additional support far outstrips the slimmer forms of ankle support. Its bulk can make it a little more difficult to fit inside an athletic shoe, compared to slimmer wraps or support devices, and an athletic shoe may stretch slightly at the sides to accommodate its wearing. Shoes do not stretch permanently, however, even with long term use of this brace, and the brace itself provides the highest level of support for a person who needs to protect an injured ankle during its recovery.
The Body Sport Air Ankle Stirrup Brace is recommended as an affordable and sturdy brace for people recovering from sprained ankles or even stress fractures. Please use our live chat at Discount Medical Supplies and speak to a doctor or staff member that can help you choose the right Orthopedic Support for you.