health news - UltraTENS Combo Product Review
The UltraTENS Combo unit combines two pain relief systems in a single machine. With an innovative style of wand for easy therapy delivery, this machine administers deep heat ultrasound as well as transcutaneal electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) to relieve patient pain.
UltraTENS Combo Product Features
This unit includes the following features:
- Perhaps the most exciting feature of this machine is its innovative application style. Rather than messing with wires and leads and electrodes, this machine is presented as a massage wand that delivers both TENS stimulation and ultrasound deep heat directly to the painful areas a patient is experiencing.
- The UltraTENS Combo unit comes with fourteen individualized preset programs, enabling the user to go to work with a simple button touch. This feature is appreciated by professional clinicians and home users alike.
- The ultrasound operates at one MegaHertz.
- A backlit LCD screen display provides information about the therapy being delivered or the preset program being used.
- The user can opt for the preset programs, or can choose to manually adjust the treatment level of the machine.
- Included with the purchase are the machine itself, an easy to use operation manual, a full tube of ultrasound subzero pain relief gel, and the replaceable adhesive TENS pad.
- The machine operates wirelessly on the power of a single nine volt battery, which can easily be replaced at any local store. The user can also opt to engage the AC plug in power adapter for use with any wall outlet.
- This unit has been approved in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
What Buyers Like About The UltraTENS Combo
Buyers of this UltraTENS Combo enjoy these features:
- Clinics and home users alike appreciate the natural manner of pain relief, enabling patients to avoid pharmaceutical remedies and habit-forming pain medications.
- The two modalities (TENS and ultrasound) can be delivered simultaneously for a maximum effect of pain relief. Alternatively, the patient or therapist can opt to use the ultrasound wand or the TENS pads individually for targeted treatment.
- The affordable price and ease of use make this model ideal for in-home use, allowing patients to treat their own pain without the additional costs or hassles of visits to a clinic. Some insurance policies will even cover the cost of this type of in-home application.
- This pain relief unit is a clinical grade machine at a price that home users can also afford. Clinicians often use them in clinical settings, and prescribe them for home use.
What Buyers Don’t Like About The UltraTENS Combo
For a clinic accustomed to applying self-adhesive electrodes and leaving the patient while the machine counts down the treatment time, this model may not appeal because someone actually needs to administer the treatment with the wand. However, in cases where the therapist prefers to administer treatment personally, this machine is the perfect option.
The UltraTENS Combo unit offers a combination of TENS and deep heat ultrasound with an innovative wand style of therapy delivery. Please use our live chat at Discount Medical Supplies and speak to a doctor or staff member that can help you choose the right electrical physiotherapy for you.