PGS EMS 5.0 Product Review
The EMS 5.0 is a high voltage Pulsed Galvanic Stimulator (PGS)
EMS 5.0 Product Features
This unit includes the following features:
- This machine includes an unusual safety cap on the amplitude controls. This prevents any accidental movement of the setting dial during a treatment session. Additionally, the controls on the front are protected within an indentation.
- This machine uses two isolated and alternating channels, each of which can be attached to electrical leads to provide electrical muscle stimulation (EMS) to a separate area of the body.
- The wave form is fixed at a biphasic and asymmetric square electrical pulse.
- The amplitude can be adjusted within a range from zero milliamps to eighty milliamps on each of the two channels, with the peak at five hundred ohms on each of the two channels.
- The width of pulse is fixed at two hundred and fifty microseconds for each electrical pulse delivered.
- The frequency can be adjusted within a range from two Hertz to one hundred and twenty hertz.
- The EMS 5.0 unit runs on a single nine volt direct current battery.
- The pulse rate can be set at five Hertz, thirty Hertz, or one hundred Hertz.
- The pulse ramp can be set at one second, three seconds, or five seconds.
- The contraction and relaxation controls can be set individually. Contraction can be adjusted within a range of one second to thirty seconds, and relaxation can be set within a range of one second to forty five seconds.
- Purchase of this unit includes a package of lead wires, three four packs of electrodes, a protective carrying case, an instruction manual, a clip for attaching the machine to a belt, and a set of batteries.
- The EMS 5.0 has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use in electronic stimulation of muscles for therapeutic uses.
- The unit measures at approximately three inches by one inch by just half an inch thick, and it weighs hardly anything even with the battery in place.
- The manufacturer provides a full one year warranty.
What Buyers Like About The EMS 5.0
Buyers of this machine enjoy these features:
- Patients appreciate the safety cap on the amplitutde dial, which effectively prevents any inadvertent jolts of electrical stimulation that could result from an accidental movement of the controls. This is particularly welcomed by those who use the machine throughout the course of normal daily activities, and who might accidentally jolt themselves if the controls were not protected.
- Without an LCD screen display, this machine is far less confusing for the average user to operate for self administration of EMS.
What Buyers Don’t Like About The EMS 5.0
A clinician might be accustomed to using a wider variety of settings, but for the delivery of straightforward EMS treatment on the go, this machine offers the basic settings that are needed.
The EMS 5.0 is a straightforward mobile machine that provides electrical muscle stimulation to injured muscles without complicated settings. Please use our live chat at Discount Medical Supplies and speak to a doctor or staff member that can help you choose the right electrical physiotherapy for you.