TENS AA Product Review
The TENS AA is a digital unit that delivers therapeutic transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) powered with double ‘A’ batteries.
TENS AA Product Features
This therapy unit includes the following features:
- The TENS AA unit operates on five individual treatment modes: modulated width, modulated width and rate, burst two, burst one, and constant.
- The dimensions of the unit are: two and a half inches wide, four inches tall, and one inch thick. The unit weighs a scant five and a half ounces.
- A large sized digital LCD screen displays the various parameters of treatment settings.
- The parameters can be locked in place so the patient can’t change the unit’s settings, either accidentally or deliberately.
- The wave form is delivered in either mono-phasic or biphasic symmetrical.
- The amplitude of pulse can be adjusted within a range from zero milliamps to eighty milliamps, adjustable in increments of one milliamp over five hundred ohms.
- The frequency of pulse can be adjusted within a range from twenty Hertz to one hundred and fifty Hertz.
- The timer can be set to run on a continuous program or on a countdown from ninety minutes, sixty minutes, forty five minutes, thirty minutes, or fifteen minutes.
- Purchase of this unit includes the TENS unit itself, two lead wires with safety design, four reusable self adhesive electrodes, a pair of double A batteries, a soft carrying case, and the instruction manual for users.
- The manufacturer offers a full year’s warranty covering the unit.
What Buyers Like About the TENS AA
Users particularly enjoy these features when they operate the unit:
- The TENS AA unit runs on a pair of double ‘A’ batteries, making it portable since it does not need an outlet for operation. Rechargeable batteries can be used so the operator doesn’t need to keep replacing power cells.
- The front panel on the unit flips open to reveal the control buttons, and flips shut again to protect the buttons when access isn’t needed. The protected front, combined with the soft carrying pouch, make this unit easy to keep on your person, even in a pocket. The soft pouch actually turns out to be more useful for most operators than the hard sided carrying cases, which are usually designed to be much larger than the unit in order to carry accessories and extras. The extra size, however, makes the hard cases less useful than this soft pouch.
What Buyers Don’t Like About the TENS AA
Some users would prefer to have an option of AC adapter so the batteries wouldn’t be run down with every use, and the operator could use an outlet when one is available. However, using rechargeable batteries eliminates the problem of having to replace the power cells regularly.
This inexpensive and portable unit can be used by a clinician, or checked out to a patient for home use with its parameters locked in place. The unit is regulated by the Food and Drug Administration, and can only be sold to licensed medical professionals. Please use our live chat at Discount Medical Supplies and speak to a doctor or staff member that can help you choose the right TENS unit for you.