TENS/EMS Combo Unit Product Review
The TENS/EMS Combo Unit delivers a combination of electrical muscle stimulation (EMS) and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) for rehabilitation of patients with musculoskeletal injuries and aches.
The device is commonly used in cases of chronic pain (including acute post traumatic pain after injury or accident), sports injuries and other bodily pain, osteo arthritis, and soreness or stiffness of the muscles.
TENS/EMS Combo Unit Product Features
This therapy unit includes the following features:
- The unit operates on two isolated channels with two electrical leads, enabling treatment to two areas of the patient’s body at once.
- The TENS/EMS Combo runs on a nine volt battery, and can be used as a portable device while the patient goes about their daily business.
- The unit operates in three modes: alternation mode, constant mode, or synchronous mode.
- A timer feature on the unit records the length of individual sessions, as well as the cumulative time the device has been in use. A therapist who checks out this unit to a patient for personal use can download and monitor that use to ensure that the patient is following the prescribed treatment usage of the machine.
- Purchase of this unit includes the combination TENS/EMS device itself, as well as two attachable lead wires, three four packs of self adhesive electrodes, a protective carrying case, an instruction manual for users, a clip for the belt, and the batteries on which the unit runs.
- The manufacturer offers a five year warranty on the TENS/EMS device. Any mechanical malfunction will be corrected, or the unit replaced, for a full five years.
What Buyers Like About the TENS/EMS Combo Unit
Users particularly enjoy these features when they operate the unit:
- The flip front plastic casing on the front of this unit and the flop top plastic casing at the top of the unit combine to cover the control buttons and prevents any inadvertent changes in the settings once treatment is underway.
- Some patients use this unit during the course of daily activities, and with the flip front and top protection on the controls it can even be kept in a pocket or clipped to the belt during use. Being able to use the device during normal activities makes treatment more efficient and more accessible, because patients do not have to carve time out of their busy days to undergo treatment in isolation.
What Buyers Don’t Like About the TENS/EMS Combo Unit
Because this is a unit that is often used by the patients themselves, checked out from a clinic for daily use between clinical visits, some therapists wish it included preset programs that would be simple for an untrained user to navigate. However, the machine can be set to the most useful parameters for an individual patient, or a simple set of written instructions can guide patient use.
The TENS/EMS Combo Unit is a compact and relatively inexpensive combination therapy unit that simultaneously delivers therapeutic EMS and TENS stimulation to two areas of the body via dual channels. Please use our live chat at Discount Medical Supplies and speak to a doctor or staff member that can help you choose the right TENS unit for you.