Oxygen Masks Supplies and Cannulas Supplies
Oxygen masks and cannulas are used together to transfer oxygen gas to the lungs from the storage tank. People suffering from hypoxemia (inadequate oxygen supply to body tissue) can benefit from using oxygen masks supplies that help to release concentrated oxygen directly into the lungs.
Many conditions can cause hypoxemia, including respiratory disease, cardiac disease, trauma and shock. These oxygen masks and cannulas are widely used in community medical centers, home healthcare, and hospitals, as well as some professiona situations like aviators flying at low oxygen altitudes..
Oxygen Masks Features
Oxygen mask may cover the entire face (full face mask) or the mouth and nose (oral nasal mask). They may be made of rubber, silicon, or plastic.
- As the name suggests, a face mask fits over the entire lower face. A simple face mask tends to fit over the mouth and nose along with side ports that stays open. These ports allow the air to enter into the mask, dilute the oxygen and allow the carbon dioxide to escape.
- The mask is attached through an elastic strip that fits over the ears, behind the head, and the end of the tube is connected to an oxygen source.
- A face mask facilitates the oxygen delivery through either the nose or the mouth, while nasal mask allows the oxygen delivery only through nose.
- One end of the nasal cannula (plastic tubing to be specific) is equipped with curved nasal prong which fits in front of the nostrils, with the loop moving over and getting hooked on to the ears.
- Another end attached to an oxygen source.
What buyers like about the Oxygen masks
- The face masks allow high rates and concentrations of oxygen flow. A simple face mask deliver the oxygen with the flow rate from 10 to 12 LPM and oxygen concentration from 40 to 60%.
- A nasal cannula allows the supply of oxygen with the flow rate from 1 to 6 LMP and oxygen concentrations from 24 to 40%.
- These nasal cannulas are portable and small in size.
- These oxygen masks and nasal cannulas are popular devices because they are cost effective, simple and easy to handle.
- Nasal cannulas have a slimline shape which allows their users to move about and perform usual duties with a little impediment.
What buyers don’t like about the Oxygen masks
- The substance latex, present in some masks, can cause allergic reactions.
- Some advanced kind of masks cannot easily adjust to the patient’s mouth, resulting in imperfect supply of oxygen or resulting in loss of precious time.
- While using nasal cannula people can experience the risk of injury or perforation in the nasal septum (the creation of a fissure or hole in the membrane that splits the nostrils). This condition can be either asymptomatic or cause a great deal of pain and discomfort.
The oxygen masks and cannulas supplies provide great results, benefiting people suffering from hypoxemia for various reasons. The products are available for extremely reasonable prices, and designed to be universally useful to people of all sizes and both genders.