PMT Premium Portable Ultrasound Product Review
The PMT Portable Ultrasound is often put to use in physical therapy treatments, enabling a therapist to increase the rate of injury healing, reduce spasms of the muscles, help a patient increase limbs’ motion range, and relieve inflammation and pain.
PMT Portable Ultrasound Product Features
This therapy unit includes the following features:
- The PMT Portable Ultrasound unit operates on a twenty four volt (two hundred milliamps) AC power adapter.
- The manufacturer offers a six month warranty on the device, which remains in effect so long as the machine is not taken outside the borders of the United States.
- The machine is designed with a sound head constructed of piezoelectric crystal, which does the job of converting electricity into another form of energy, specifically the sound wave vibration known as ultrasound (“ultra” because it is beyond the range of normal human ability to hear).
- The ultrasound applicator is simple to use, so even a patient without training can apply it for home therapy if a therapist prescribes its use outside a clinic.
- Purchase of this machine includes the stimulator itself, a tube of high quality conductive ultrasound gel, an instruction manual for the operator, the associated lead wires, self adhesive electrodes, a hard plastic protective carrying case, and an AC adapter.
- The unit has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and has been classified as a Class II Medical Devise. As such, it can not be returned after its first use. However, if there is anything wrong with the machine, the warranty covers repair or exchange.
What Buyers Like About the PMT Portable Ultrasound
Users particularly enjoy these features when they operate the unit:
- The carrying case for this machine is one of the utilitarian designs on the market, with squared edges to minimize the space it takes up, a built-in handle, and padded places for the machine, its power cord and leads, and the ultrasound gel needed with its use.
- Because this machine was designed for portable use, it makes an excellent mobile option for clinics, and can also be given to patients for their use at home between clinical visits. The machine is inexpensive enough that a clinician need not have fears about checking out units directly to patients.
What Buyers Don’t Like About the PMT Portable Ultrasound
Unlike therapy devices which are stand alone and all inclusive after purchase, every ultrasound machine must be used with ultrasound gel, meaning that a clinic or technician will need to keep renewing the supply of gel. However, this is true of any ultrasound machine—not only this model—and the gel itself can be purchased in bulk quantities for a lower unit price.
The PMT Portable Ultrasound is specifically designed for situations when mobile use is called for, including field work or a mobile cart in a clinical setting. Its affordability makes it ideal for beginning clinics when they first start up, as a second unit or back up for an office, or even for patients to use at home. Please use our live chat to Buy Medical Supplies and speak to a doctor or staff member that can help you choose the right Ultrasound unit for you.