Sound Care Plus Clinical Ultrasound Product Review
The Sound Care Plus Clinical Ultrasound is specifically designed for use in a medical or clinical setting, and it comes with two different ultrasound heads of different sizes.
Sound Care Plus Clinical Ultrasound Product Features
This therapy unit includes the following features:
- Twenty preset programs enable the operator to begin an individualized patient treatment by touching a single button, and it operates in the frequencies of one Mega Hertz and three megahertz.
- Two ultrasound heads of different sizes can be employed in series, with a single button touch switching power from one to the other. Most clinical ultrasound machines, if they have different options for the ultrasound heads at all, require the operator to stop and switch out the head manually, rather than leaving both heads connected to the machine and available at any time.
- The maximum intensity of the machine is three Watts per square half inch of skin being treated.
- The repetition rate of the pulse is fixed at one hundred Hertz, plus or minus ten percent of that fixed value.
- The timer can be set at five minute intervals, for a maximum treatment session of thirty minutes.
- The effective area of radiation is two and a half square inches of skin, and the soft tissue beneath.
- This Sound Care Plus Clinical Ultrasound unit operates with a collimated beam delivered through the aluminum ultrasound heads. The treatment heads themselves are waterproof, so ultrasound gel will not damage them during clinical use, but the rest of the machine should be kept dry.
- The manufacturer provides a two year warranty on this machine.
What Buyers Like About the Sound Care Plus Clinical Ultrasound
Users particularly enjoy these features when they operate the unit:
- The two different ultrasound heads, one a five centimeter head and the other a single centimeter head, can be switched with the single press of a button by the operator, changing control of the machine from one head to the other instantly.
- The twenty presets make it a simple matter to treat patients with a single button touch, especially once the technician gains a feel for which programs are best used in which situations and for which patients.
What Buyers Don’t Like About the Sound Care Plus Clinical Ultrasound
This unit is far more complex than some of the simple ultrasound wands that are marketed for home use, but it will not be too much for a trained clinical technician to quickly learn and operate.
And in fact it is less complicated than it might seem at first glance, because many of the buttons on the control panel are dedicated to the twenty preset programs that make operation that much easier.
The Sound Care Plus Clinical Ultrasound is designed and priced for professional clinical use, and it offers the greatest number of treatment options available in any ultrasound therapy machine on the market. Because the machine is classified as a Class II medical device, the Food and Drug Administration prohibits its sale to anyone except a licensed medical professional. Please use our live chat to Buy Medical Supplies and speak to a doctor or staff member that can help you choose the right Ultrasound unit for you.