Vertaloc Ankle Brace Product Review
The VertaLoc Ankle Brace is specifically designed to provide support and control of ankles that have been unstable, offering emersion and inversion support. Its use is indicated when a patient has an acute ankle sprained, when the inflammation is not rampant and it is permissible for the patient to flex the ankle in dorsal and plantar directions.
VertaLoc Ankle Brace Product Features
This ankle brace includes the following features:
- The brace is constructed from soft padded fabrics and is fully hand washable. The breathable material allows air flow around the enclosed areas of the leg and ankle, which decreases sweatiness and discomfort.
- The Vertaloc brace can be adjusted to a precise fit with cloth laces, and can be easily untied and removed, or tied back on with a minimum of hassle.
- The brace prevents damaging side to side motion, but permits the up and down motion necessary for walking and basic activities.
- The brace can be used in cases of severe sprain, fractures, osteo or rheumatoid arthritis, peripheral neuropathy, peroneal tendonitis, posterior tibial tendonitis, or chronic instability of the ankle.
What Buyers Like About the VertaLoc Ankle Brace
Users particularly enjoy these features when they operate the unit:
- This brace is regularly billed as an “active ankle brace,” and it does permit more motion than many similar products. It can be worn during many activities, because it does permit the up and down movement of the foot (dorsal and plantar flexion) while protecting against the side to side motion (emersion and inversion) that can damage an already unstable ankle.
- The complete closure of the brace around the foot and lower ankle actually helps to provide the sense of security when the wearer begins to undertake some normal activities after an injury or break.
- The design of the bottom part of the brace—a sturdy stem on either side with a plastic plate fitted underneath the foot—allows the brace to be worn with most types of shoes, so the patient doesn’t have the inconvenience or discomfort that would be caused by a full foot cast. There are a few shoes (like leather pumps) that probably should not be worn with the brace for fear of stretching the shoes, but these are shoes that may not be recommended with a weak or damaged ankle in any case.
What Buyers Don’t Like About the VertaLoc Ankle Brace
No one likes having to wear an ankle brace; that’s just a fact of life. But the padded fabric and soft Velcro straps make this one of the most comfortable braces on the market.
The VertaLoc Ankle Brace is perfectly suited for a person who has severely sprained an ankle and needs the side to side support of a brace. Its use has proved helpful for people with arthritis, ankle or lower leg fractures, severe sprains, and other injuries or weaknesses. This ankle brace might be prescribed by a physician, or ordered for home use for a person who experiences ankle instability on a regular basis. Please use our live chat to Buy Medical Supplies and speak to a doctor or staff member that can help you choose the right Ankle Brace for you.