Celiac Disease Symptoms: The Gluten Factor
Celiacs is becoming a significantly more common condition today. This is both because we have more knowledge regarding what causes the disease and the ‘know how’ of how this condition is spreading to other people, through genetic links.
Because celiac disease is so common today, there are many products on the market that can help you manage these symptoms. For example, baked goods, flours and other products are being manufactured without gluten these days. Unfortunately, there are not many treatments for this condition, aside from managing the symptoms as they arise.
How it Works
Those wondering how do you get celiac disease must have thorough knowledge about the condition, to better understand whether or not they are at risk.
• This is a genetic condition that can be passed down from generation to generation
• It is also an autoimmune disease that causes damage to the small intestine when the protein gluten, found in rye, wheat and barley, is consumed. This may come from food sources as well as items that have filler containing these ingredients.
• Your doctor will need to collect a sample of your small intestine or perform a blood test to determine if you have this condition.
Celiac disease affects everyone differently. Some develop irritability, pain and bloating while some may have no symptoms at all. If you are concerned about your risk, work with your doctor to understand your risk, notes MedLine Plus.
Managing Your Digestion
Making a point of maintaining your health can help you avoid unpleasant symptoms associated with this condition.
• When celiac disease symptoms flare, using a product like Chiro-Kelnz can help to remove toxins and take down gas and bloating. This can help to rid your system of discomfort that arises when you inadvertently consume a gluten product.
• Douglas Laboratories Thyro-mend can provide the body with nutrients that help to maintain the thyroid level. This helps to regulate metabolism which can become sluggish or damaged when attempting to manage celiac symptoms.
• Douglas Laboratories also produces multi-probiotic 4000, a probiotic solution that provides the essential organisms responsible for breaking down foods for digestion. These organisms can often be damaged when celiac symptoms flare, leading to poor digestion of other foods as well.
WebMD notes that the only way to truly treat this disease is to stop eating any products that contain gluten. If you stop eating gluten altogether, the damaged portions of your small intestine can heal in 6 months.