Exercise to Improve Your Cardiovascular Health
The people of United States are known for having poor cardiovascular health. This is largely associated with poor diet, high stress levels and a lack of exercise, though many other factors including genetics can play a role in whether or not you are susceptible to heart disease.
In addition to trying to manage your cardiovascular health to prevent heart disease, working on your heart health can help to build endurance and improve overall athleticism.
Heart disease is a very serious concern for those living in the United States, explain the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
• Cardiovascular health issues cost around $108.9 billion to treat each year. This includes health care, loss of productivity and medication.
• About 1 in 4 people die of a cardiovascular related disease.
• Heart disease is the number one killer of men and women in the United States.
• Coronary heart disease is the most common cardiovascular condition, killing over 385,000 people each year.
• Each year about 715,000 people in the United States have a heart attack, with around 190,000 of these people already having a heart attack previously.
African Americans and Caucasians are significantly more likely to have a heart attack than other ethnic groups, notes the DHDSP. More deaths also tend to take place in Southeastern states than other areas of the country.
Working Out for Better Health
Getting a great deal of exercise at a level that is comfortable for you is essential to building your heart health and improving circulation.
• Hygenic Corp thera-band bars are a good place to start if you have poor cardiovascular endurance. You can exercise in the water so you do not have to support your body weight while building endurance.
• Exercises like Pilates are helpful for building endurance as well. The thera-band exercise mat from Hygenic Corp can help protect your joints while you exercise.
• CanDo adjustable ankle weights are ideal for those that would like to get more exercise but don’t have time to hit the gym. Add more endurance to everyday activities, increasing your weight load as your ability improves.
• Combining exercise with vitamins for cardiovascular health is essential to increasing your overall progress.
Better Health recommend garlic, CoEnzyme, fish oil, red yeast rice extract, vitamin D, niacin, magnesium and natto K as supplements that can be used to improve your heart function.
Better Health also notes that you should let your doctor know about supplements you are taking, to ensure these will not interfere with medications you are already taking.