How to Treat Bipolar Disorders Without Medication
Medical News Today notes that bipolar disorder is largely considered dangerous because the ‘depression’ state of this illness can push a patient to suicide, though the mania associated with this condition can also have dangerous risks.
Some of what makes this so difficult to treat is that the ‘unpredictability’ and ‘symptoms’ associated with this condition. This can make it difficult to get accurate information about the disorder.
What Contributes to this Condition
There are a number of factors that can contribute to your risk of developing bipolar disorder.
• Biological traits that can impact how the brain develops can contribute to this condition, though the specifics are unknown.
• Hormonal problems are thought to play a role in the development of this disorder.
• Bipolar tendencies are shown to have something of a genetic link, though the specific genes involved have yet to be identified.
Environmental factors such as extreme stress can trigger bipolar disorder depression or episodes for those that may have already been at risk. On that note, the American Psychological Association reminds patients that it is important to talk to a psychologist, rather than self-diagnosing a condition like bipolar tendencies.
Managing Day to Day
While it is important to work with your doctor and psychologist to get the help you need to manage your bipolar mood swings, there are some steps you can take at home to help manage the highs and lows.
• The Body Benefits heated body-flex massager by Conair Corporation can provide a soothing heat massage that can help to ease tension and physical pain that can come with the depression associated with bipolar disorder.
• The sustained B-complex by Edom Laboratories offers a slow releasing formula that can help to ensure normal function of the nervous system.
• Bipolar disorder is often associated with an imbalance of chemicals in the brain and body. Using a product like Chiro-Klenz by Edom Laboratories can help to remove toxins from the body that can cause irregular mood swings or enhance the highs and lows associated with this condition.
The American Psychological Association also notes that regular sleep patterns and setting a comfortable daily routine has been shown to improve the ‘swings’ associated with bipolar disorder. The treatment for this condition is largely personal, which means you should adjust bipolar management so it fits your circumstances rather than following a predetermined treatment plan.