Listen to their heart: Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope
The Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope is to a doctor what a magnifying glass is to Sherlock Holmes. This product is ideal for practitioners who are looking for versatility and innovation. This stethoscope provides the best in acoustic performance since Nirvana’s Unplugged in New York. Its unique design features tunable diaphragm on either side of the chestpiece. Since this product is free of phthalate plasticizers and natural rubber latex, it is friendly both to the environment and to your skin.
· High performance.
· Machined stainless steel chestpiece finish.
· Double-sided chestpiece technology.
· Color: Black.
· 1.7 inch (4.3cm) diaphragm diameter.
· 1.3 inch (3.3cm) small diaphragm diameter.
· Diaphragm made with epoxy/fiberglass.
· Soft sealing eartip type.
· Wide diameter aerospacealloy/anodized aluminum headset.
· 22 inch (56cm) long.
· Weight: 6.2oz (175g).
· Phthalate plasticizer-free.
· Natural rubber latex-free.
· For anesthesiologists, cardiologists, emergency physicians, EMTs/EMSs, family practitioners, internists, medical students, nurses, pediatricians, physicians, respiratory, specialists.
· For use in adult and pediatric patients.
Double-sided chestpiece for both pediatric and adult auscultation, tunable diaphragm that allows you to hear high or low frequency sounds by slightly adjusting pressure on the chestpiece, dual-lumen tubing with two sound paths in one tube that eliminate the rubbing noise characteristic of conventional double tubes, and adjustable headset for personalized fit and comfort. Moreover, the pediatric side converts to an open belly simply by replacing the diaphragm with a non-chill bell sleeve.
The fact that this stethoscope has the word cardiologist in its name may lead other practitioners to believe that it is exclusive to those specialists. The truth is though, that it can be used by specialist and general practice physicians, critical care nurses, EMTs, medical students, and other healthcare providers in order to listen to, identify, and study cardiac, lung, and other sounds in the body of adult and pediatric patients.
Hold each eartube at the bend near the eartip and slowly pull apart until fully extended to decrease spring tension in the headset. Grab the headset where the eartubes enter the tubing with one hand and squeeze till the tubing on one eartube touches the other and repeat if necessary to increase spring tension. Generally speaking, the eartips should point in a forward direction as they are inserted into the ear canals. Keep this product away from extreme heat, cold, solvents, and oils. Wipe clean with alcohol or soapy water.