Need Durable Medical Equipment not covered by Medicare?
If you do need durable medical equipment (DME) that Medicare doesn’t cover, then Discount Medical Supplies can be the answer. Disclaimer: DMS does not accept Medicare payment, but we do have incredibly low prices on some of the medical supplies that are not covered by Medicare, including the following:
- Scooters. Medicare covers power-operated vehicles for use in the home and if a doctor deems it medically necessary. Unfortunately, that leaves out use outside the home. Fortunately, Discount Medical Supplies has three- and four-wheeled power scooters for less than $2,000.
- Grab bars, toilet seats, and other items that can make it easier for a person to perform daily activities such as bathing and toileting. Needless to say, DMS has these and many other daily living aids at risible prices.
- Home modifications that can improve access for disable patients, like ramps.
- Medical equipment that is generally used in healthcare settings, including paraffin baths.
- Disposable supplies such as incontinence pads, catheters, surgical face masks, and compression stockings. Does Discount Medical Supplies have these products readily available? Check, check, check, and check.
Concerning that last bullet point, Medicare may cover some single-use supplies like gauze and catheters for people who receive Medicare home health care. Then again, Medicare does cover plenty of DME, including but not limited to:
- Air-fluidized beds.
- Blood sugar monitors.
- Blood sugar (glucose) test strips.
- Braces (arm, leg, back, and neck).
- Canes (however, white canes for the blind aren't covered).
- Commode chairs.
- Continuous passive motion (CPM) machine.
- Enteral nutrition supplies and equipment (feeding pump).
- Glucose control solutions.
- Home oxygen equipment and supplies.
- Hospital beds.
- Infusion pumps.
- Lancet devices and lancets.
- Nebulizers and nebulizer medications.
- Orthotics and artificial limbs.
- Ostomy supplies.
- Oxygen therapy.
- Patient lifts (to lift patients from bed or wheelchair by hydraulic operation).
- Prosthetic devices.
- Sleep apnea and Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) therapy.
- Suction pumps.
- Therapeutic shoes or inserts.
- Traction equipment.
All people with Medicare are eligible for durable medical equipment coverage. However, and despite the best efforts of President Obama, not everybody has – or wants to have, for that matter – Medicare. On the other hand, Discount Medical Supplies does not mind if you are insured or not; our prices are not only low but they are also democratic and available to all alike.