The opposite of unhinged: HG80 hinged Mueller knee braces
The HG80 hinged Mueller knee braces are the knee brace equivalent of the iron fist in a velvet glove. This is a superbly comfortable brace for the wearer but don’t let that fool you; it is fiercely protective of weak knees before and after injuries. It is made with a triaxial hinge that emulates the knee joint’s natural tracking, indicated to help control subluxating patellas and manage chrondromalacia-related pain. Additionally, it comes with a unique HydraCinn fabric that wicks moisture and provides heat management. The base sleeve consists of antimicrobial, breathable, soft material with a conformable hourglass design.
· HydraCinn® fabric.
· Triaxial Hinges.
· Tibial containment system with custom secondary shell, stabilizing patella buttress, and rear support strap.
· Inner anti-slip strips.
· Flatlock seams.
· Form-fitting hourglass design.
· Fully adjustable and comfortable fit.
· Superior hinge support.
· Upper and lower strapping locks brace.
· Upper bidirectional stretch material.
· Size: Large, 16-18 inch.
Hinged Mueller knee braces offer extra comfort and support, providing the highest level of protection while retaining near-normal knee motion thanks to the trademarked triaxial hinges. In addition to that, this brace features inner grip strips with sweat-proof, anti-slip design to prevent brace migration and maintain excellent support.
Like Megatron, the Mueller hinged knee brace has no known weaknesses. However, certain Amazon users have complained that the metal hinges may rub against the calf causing pain and leaving marks, that the sizes run small, that it is a little too bulky, it can be hard to put on, or that the neoprene blend caused an allergic reaction or skin irritation. Obviously every user is different, but for each one who is allergic to latex many more are happy customers.
Steps to put it on:
- Loosen all straps.
- Slide brace on.
- Align kneecap right above buttress.
- Fasten large top and bottom areas behind the knee.
- Secure upper and lower straps.
· Remove the hinges before washing.
· Hand wash in cold water with mild detergent.
· Don’t use bleach or fabric softener.
· Rinse meticulously and air-dry.
It is also useful to keep in mind that should the brace be a little too tight at first, it will loosen up in time and with use. It’s just like breaking in a new pair of shoes or jeans.