Skin Prep Products and Supplies
Skin preparation products provide cost effective and simple array of options to keep what’s knows as a clinics supply of electrotherapy and ultrasound lotions and gels, filled and ready to use.
Skin Preparation Product Features
This selection of products includes the following features:
• These products are bacteriostatic, meaning that bacterial cultures will not grow in the stored gel or lotion, and it will still be sterile when it is applied for patient use. They are also hypoallergenic and non-sensitizing, making them safe to use even on patients with allergies or sensitivities or particularly rash prone skin. They do not raise an allergic reaction or sensitivity rash even in patients who usually experience sensitivity of the skin, and it actively prevents bacteria and other pathogens from using it as a substrate for growth.
• The five gallon container of polysonic ultrasound lotion is square sided and tall, so it can easily be stored on shelving, taking up the least possible amount of footprint space in a cupboard.
• Pump dispensers make it easy to refill the smaller bottle for everyday use. Rather than trying to pour the viscous lotion from a larger bottle to the smaller one, several compressions of the hand pump can be used to transfer the lotion directly into the small bottle without mess or spillage.
• The formula of these lotions moisturize and nourish the patient’s skin, instead of drying as a sticky and flaky crust if it dries before being wiped away. The viscosity of each product is medium to high, maximizing conductivity and preventing the gel from drying while it is still in use on the patient’s skin.
• These skin preparation supplies are acoustically as accurate as gel alternatives for the transmission of ultrasound and electrical vibrations.
• Technicians use this lotion in conjunction with diagnostic or therapeutic ultrasound, with use of electrodes, and with other medical procedures that require conductivity and lubrication to transmit signals across the patient’s skin to or from a medical device.
What Buyers Like About the Skin Preparation Products
Users particularly enjoy these features when they operate the unit:
• These skin preparation products are washable and water soluble, so they does not stain patients’ clothing, technicians’ scrubs, or clinic sheets or gowns.
• The formulas do not contain any trace of formaldehyde, and are completely safe and healthy for both the patients and the clinicians.
• Patients are especially in favor of this lotion over gel forms of ultrasound lubrication, because it feels more like the lotions they are already accustomed to using on their own skin; it is less sticky feeling and doesn’t dry uncomfortably into a mask like peel.
What Buyers Don’t Like About the Skin Preparation Supplies
Many patients dislike the gooey feel of ultrasound gel against their skin, particularly when the gel is cold. This can be easily addressed by gently warming the gel before putting it into use. Some clinics use a microwave, while others invest in a specialized stand for holding and warming the dispenser bottles.
These skin Preparation products provide clinics with a low price option for restocking therapy lotions and gels, and keeping dispensers filled.