Wound Care First Aid Kits: Essential Supplies Needed
A first aid kit is a must-have whether for the home, office or even the car. An injury can strike at any time and it is best to be prepared in the event of any kind of emergency. Wound care first aid kits should involve certain key products so that anything from a minor scrape to a puncture wound can be tended to properly, according to the Red Cross website.
One such critical item to include is wound care tape which is a wide-ranging product that can be used for various health care needs.
Building your First Aid Kit
When putting together wound care first aid kits, there are several things that will need to be included.
They are, but not limited to:
• Personal information such as medications you or your loved ones are on, emergency phone numbers and any allergy information.
• Absorbent dressings
• Cloth tape
• Antibiotic ointment
• Over-the-count pain relievers such as aspirin or Tylenol
• Cold compress
• Gauze pads
Remember that this is not an all-inclusive list and you should add whatever items you deem necessary to complete your proper first aid kit.
Wrapping Up your Wound with Tape
One of the most important health care products to include in wound care first aid kits is wound care tape.
A few brands to choose from, include:
• Micropore Tape with dispenser by Invacare Supply Group is convenient and great to use on-the-go since it has its own dispenser. It is also hypoallergenic and latex-free which is great for sensitive skin.
• Johnson and Johnson Zonas Porous Tape is another convenient tape since it is easily torn without the use of scissors. This is tape is durable and economical as well.
• Curasilk Cloth Tape by Covidien is extra strong yet gentle on the skin. This tape allows for easy tearing and applying. This is an extra strength tape for more serious wounds.
When you have properly stocked wound care first aid kits, you can feel at ease knowing that all of your health care needs can be met effectively and conveniently. While there are many products to include in these kits, special care should be taken in choosing a wound care tape which can be used in myriad situations.
No matter how you choose to stock your first aid kit, make sure that you check it regularly and that everything is up-to-date and functioning properly.
Read More: Debridement Procedure For Wound Cleansing