Best Wound Care Cotton Applicators
When you injure yourself, it is important to treat the wound as soon as possible. According to the Mayo Clinic, after the bleeding has been stopped, you must immediately clean the wound with cool running water as to prevent infection.
After the wound has been properly cleaned, wound care cotton applicators can be utilized to apply ointments and creams as necessary. Open wounds should never be touched directly since this could further infect the wound.
Wound care tape can be used as a final step to properly seal the wound and allow the healing process to begin. All of your healthcare needs for wounds can be completed at home if you follow a few simple steps.
Applicable Tips for Cotton Applicators
When it comes to wound care cotton applicators, there are a few key things to keep in mind:
• You should use the applicator as soon as you remove it from the package to keep it as sterile as possible.
• Apply your chosen ointment or cream directly onto the cotton applicator instead of directly on the wound.
• Throw away the wound care cotton applicators when you are finished with them. They should never be re-used.
Wound Care Tape 101
Once you have taken care of your immediate healthcare needs with the cotton applicators, you will probably want to move onto wound care tape.
There are several different types to choose from, including:
• 3M Healthcare Micropore Tape is gentle and great for sensitive skin. It allows the skin to breathe easily and freely giving the wound an optimal environment in which to heal.
• Tenderskin Hypoallergenic Paper Tape is the perfect tape to use when a dressing needs to be changed often. It is very durable yet breathable.
• Kendall Hypoallergenic Clear Tape by Invacare Supply Group is both transparent and latex-free. It provides a solid barrier against outside contaminants that could infect your wound.
Wounds can be tricky, depending on what kind you have and the location. However, there are certain important healthcare factors to keep in mind such as keeping the wound clean, sterile and protected.
Utilizing wound care cotton applicators and wound care tape are the best options when it comes to dealing to your wound. Not only will they help with discomfort in the short term, but they will allow the wound to heal properly, so as to prevent any further complications in the future.