Ostomy Belts for Swimming
Even with an ostomy belt, you do not have to give up your active lifestyle, and that includes swimming. There are special ostomy belts designed specifically for swimming.
These specially-designed belts free you from any limitations you may have had reservations about. Remember, a healthcare professional can help you choose the best suited ostomy belt. A professional can also help you choose the best wound care tape to make sure that your belt stays secure, through any kind of activity.
Facts about Ostomy Belts
According to WebMD, ostomy belts are used to support your pouch and keep it in place. Here are basic facts to know when it comes to ostomy belts and pouches:
• Belts are adjustable and designed to fit a wide array of sizes and shapes.
• Belts can conceal the pouch while providing leakage support.
• The material is softy and stretchy to provide the ultimate in comfort and satisfaction.
While in the water, you want to make sure that ostomy belts and pouches are as secure as possible. A water-proof wound care tape will provide that extra bit of security.
• Kendall Hypoallergenic Clear Tape by Invacare Supply Group is transparent, hypoallergenic and latex-free. It’s extra strength so it provides a great barrier between your pouch and the water.
• Megazinc Pink Adhesive Tape by Invacare Supply Group is another water-proof tape with strong adhesion capabilities. This tape is specially designed for ostomy pouches. It is also flexible and latex-free.
• The Original Pink Tape by Invacare Supply Group is tailor-made for prolonged use. It is water-proof and can be applied directly to wet skin without fear of slipping or moving. It is latex-free and highly flexible.
Wearing an ostomy pouch doesn’t mean that you have to give up on any of your favorite activities, including swimming. With specially designed ostomy belts for swimming, you can feel at ease in the pool, lake or the ocean.
Wound care tape can provide you with that extra layer of security to make that your pouch and belt stays exactly where it needs to be. With the tape on, you can also have peace of mind knowing that you don’t have to worry about leaking. You can also consider consulting with a healthcare professional, for choosing the belts that suit your particular needs.