Pedal to the Medal: Medalist Heavy Duty Power Wheelchair
The Medalist Heavy Duty Power Wheelchair has been designed with a reinforced steel frame that provides a durable and dependable performance rear wheel power chair in one package. Almost everything on this chair can be adjusted; from the reclining backrest with adjustable headrest, to the height of the chair at four available increments. The flip up armrests, which permit easy transfer, are height and width adjustable and can even be removed. The controller can be fitted onto either armrest allowing the user to operate the chair with ease even if they have limited dexterity. The anti-tip wheels offer a feeling of safety like no other Power Wheelchair.
· Adjustable length controller mount can be attached to either the left or right armrest and can be fitted with an optional swing-away arm for extra flexibility.
· Armrests are also removable and height- and width-adjustable for positioning, support and adaptability to the size of the user.
· Battery drawer provides easy access for service or replacement.
· Captain's Seats includes a fold-down backrest and an adjustable height headrest.
· Super strong steel frame for long-lasting durability.
· Flat-free, non-marking tires for worry-free travel.
· Motor assemblies offer easy freewheel operation, allowing the chair to be pushed, which can be helpful for transport.
· Padded, flip-up armrests enable easy transfers and access to user.
· Programmable controller with common connectors is easy to service and setup and can be customized for individuals with special needs.
· Provides heavy duty mobility with up to 450 lbs weight capacity.
· Seats have four height adjustments, from 20" to 23"
· Standard comfortable and durable Captain's Seats include deep-contoured cushions and backs for superior comfort and maximum user positioning and lateral support.
· Standard footplate can be flipped up out of the user's way and adjusted in both height and angle Standard positioning belt for extra safety.
Electromagnetic brakes, 4 mph maximum speed, 6˚ climbing angle, 3” ground clearance, 15 mile maximum range, 31” turning radius, and Dynamic Shark 60A controller are just a few of the characteristics that put the Medalist Heavy Duty Power Wheelchair at the top of the wheelchair podium.
This model could certainly seem a bit intimidating due to all of its features and qualities. Any user would be justified to think that it’s more than they knew what to do with, but each spec comes in hand in its own particular way, guaranteeing that you’ll find a purpose for all of its functions.
Before taking this wheelchair for a spin you’d be well advised to carefully read through the instruction manual, and follow directions to the letter in order to make the most out of this all-purpose product.