Wound Band Aids: They Come In All Sizes And Colors
No matter how big or a small a wound may be, there is the perfect band aid to cover up and help heal the wound. Wound band aids are the perfect way to provide a barrier between your wound and outside contaminants.
They not only meet your immediate healthcare needs but prevent future issues from arising such as infection. In addition to band aids, wound care tape is another great product to use during wound care management.
Wide Array of Band Aids
Wound band aids come in a variety of shapes, colors and sizes to effectively protect any type of wound. According to ZocDoc Answers, scientific research has proven that since covering a wound keeps it sealed, this allows the growth of new cells.
There are various band aids to choose from including:
• 3M Healthcare Steri-strip Adhesive Skin closures are made of rayon and reinforced to be extra durable. They range in size from ¼” x 3” to 1” x 5” covering a wide range of wounds.
• Color Bandages for Kids by Amd Ritmed Inc. come in a variety of colors and characters that children will love. They are latex free and sterile.
• Softeze Finger and Toe Bandages by Invacare is custom-made to fit over wounded fingers and toes. They are foam-lined providing superior comfort.
Wound Care Tape Galore
Some wounds are larger and more severe which could require wound care tape.
There are many options to choose from:
• 3M Healthcare Micropore Tape is gentle to the skin and porous which allows the wound to breathe comfortably. It is perfect suited for small or medium dressings.
• Tenderskin Hypoallergenic Paper Tape by Invacare Supply Group is gentle and great over dressings that need to be changed frequently. It is long-lasting, porous and is easily torn.
• Kendall Hypoallergenic Clear Tape by Invacare is latex-free and hypoallergenic. It is transparent and flexible and provides a wonderful barrier.
Wound band aids are the perfect way to protect wounds and allow them to heal properly. They can help alleviate pain by providing pressure and protecting the wound from further infliction. For larger and more stubborn wounds, wound care tape is the best product to utilize, to speed up the healing process.
All of your wound’s healthcare needs can be met through the use of bandages and tapes. Remember to always apply antibiotic ointments to the wound, to further prevent infection.