Ain't no fussin' with the tussin: Liquid Cough Relief
The Sunmark Tussin Liquid Cough Relief is an expectorant that helps loosen phlegm and thin bronchial secretions to render coughing more productive. This product is not with natural rubber latex or alcohol, and it does not cause drowsiness.
· Over the counter.
· Active Ingredient: Guaifenesin.
· Inactive ingredients: anhydrous citric acid, caramel, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, maltol, menthol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate.
· Application: Cough Relief.
· Relieves chest congestion.
· Loosens phlegm and bronchial secretions.
· Makes for more productive coughs.
· Dosage Form: Liquid.
· Route of administration: oral.
· Strength: 100 mg.
· Adult formula (for ages 12 and over).
This is another quality product distributed by McKesson. In addition to that – as if that were not enough – this is a non-drowsy, gluten-free expectorant that relieves chest congestion, and is comparable to Robitussin.
This is an adult product and as such is not intended to be used in children younger than 12 years of age. Most over the counter (OTC) medicines are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. The FDA has not evaluated whether this particular product does comply. Side effects of guaifenesin may include headache, nausea, and vomiting.
· Ask a doctor before use if you have cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus), or cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema.
· Stop using and ask a doctor if cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache.
· A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
· Ask a doctor before use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
· Keep out of the reach of children.
· Do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period.
· In case of overdose, seek medical help or contact a local Poison Control Center immediately.
· Use only with the included measuring cup.
· Do not use any other device to measure doses.
· The recommended dosage is 2 to 4 teaspoons every four hours for adults and children 12 years and older.
· The recommended dose for children under 12 years of age is none.
· Store at 20 to 25 C (68 to 77 F).