Blood Simple: 5 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
A main part of the most basic physical exam is measuring the patient’s blood pressure. That is why your practice cannot afford to do without the 5 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor – a little something to keep in mind when you shop medical supplies online. This product employs the oscillometric method to measure blood pressure. As such, the device detects blood movement through the brachial artery and converts it into a digital reading.
· LCD display.
· Memory storage.
· Two user mode.
· Irregular heartbeat detector.
· Hypertension indicator.
· Advanced averaging.
· Power: 4 AA batteries; AC Adapter.
· Measurement Range: Pressure: 0 to 299 mmHg, Pulse: 40 to 180/min.
· Accuracy/Calibration: Pressure: ±3mmHg or 2% of reading Pulse: ±5% of reading.
· Inflation: Automatic by electric pump.
· Deflation: Automatic pressure release valve.
· Rapid Air Release: Automatic exhaust valve.
· Battery Life: Approx. 300 uses with 4 new alkaline batteries.
· Operating Temperature / Humidity: 50ºF to 104ºF (10ºC to 40ºC) /15 to 90% RH.
· Storage Temperature / Humidity/Air Pressure: -4ºF to 140ºF (-20ºC to 60ºC) /10 to 95% RH 700-1060 hPa.
· Includes Main Unit, Standard Adult Arm Cuff, 4 “AA” Alkaline Batteries, Instruction Manual, and Quick Start Guide.
The two user mode allows you to monitor and track the readings of two patients separately, with 30 memory storage for each patient with date and time stamp. Advanced averaging is a unique technology that displays the average of up to the last 3 readings taken in the previous ten minutes. An irregular heartbeat icon signals irregular heartbeats while blood pressure is being measured. The hypertension indicator warns that blood pressure readings exceed international guidelines for normal levels of blood pressure.
One of the few downsides of the 5 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is that all four batteries must be changed for new ones if the unit is not used for 3 months or longer. As they say, use it or lose it.
Do not use a cell phone near the unit. Use only with Omron parts and accessories. Use only 1.5v AA alkaline batteries. Do not expose device to strong shocks like dropping it on the floor. Do not submerge in water. Store in a clean, safe location. Turn off before replacing batteries. Do not forcefully bend the arm cuff or air tube nor fold tightly. Clean with a soft, dry cloth. Do not use abrasive or volatile cleaners. Do not try to clean the cuff. Do not expose to excessively hot or cold temperatures, humidity, or direct sunlight. Read and follow instruction manual carefully.
Related Read : Best blood pressure monitors: Omron 10 Series BP785