Breath of Life: The Aloha Complete Nasal Pillow System
It’s no coincidence that the Hawaiian word aloha allegedly is made up of alo meaning ‘front,’ or ‘face,’ and ha, meaning ‘breath of life’ or ‘essence of life.’ Because that’s exactly what the Aloha Complete Nasal Pillow System might mean for a person shopping medical supplies online in the respiratory category of Discount Medical Supplies.
· Lightweight and quiet.
· Incredible stability.
· Comfortable seal.
· Ball-and-swivel joint.
· Patented Arced-Track™ technology.
· Allows the angle of the pillow reservoir to be adjusted.
· CPAP hose can be routed over the head or worn down the chest.
· Wide-set headgear.
· Limited points of contact on the face.
· No interference with the eyes.
· Angled exhalation ports.
· Headgear made of soft, pliable, and breathable material.
When shopping medical supplies online such as this nasal pillow system, you want a product that reduces torque and pull, accommodates several sleeping positions, offers a personalized and natural fit, and minimizes potential disruption or discomfort for the user and his or her bed partner. All of which – and more – this item does do.
This product e consists of silicone, polycarbonate, polypropylene, polyethylene, nylon, polyester, and polyurethane. Stop using and contact a doctor if you experience an adverse reaction to any of those materials. This device should be used only with a ventilation system – not included – recommended by a doctor or respiratory therapist.
· Clean the product.
· Select the size of pillows appropriate for your nose.
· Insert the inlet of the tube assembly into the pillows reservoir.
· The outer flange on the inlet should stop against the flange on the reservoir.
· The reservoir has a size marking on its curved channel on one side.
· One of the plastic supports of the headgear has an “R” marking near its curved hook.
· Fully insert the curved hook marked with the “R” into the curved channel on the reservoir with the size marking.
· If done correctly, the “R” should face outwardly.
· Fully insert the remaining curved hook of the headgear into the opposite curved channel of the reservoir.
· Clean and thoroughly dry your face before putting on the interface.
· Turn on the ventilation system and make sure it is functioning properly.
· Attach the circuit tube of the ventilation system to the swivel coupling.
· The angle of the reservoir may be adjusted by changing its position on the hooks of the headgear.
· It is best to start with the hooks engaged into the reservoir channels as far as possible and then to rotatably adjust the hooks outward as required.
· The hooks have four position marks.
· Take care that the hooks on both sides of the headgear are let out equally.
· If the fourth position mark is showing significantly outside of the channel, reinsert the hook as it is not properly assembled in the channel.
· Pull the headgear on over the top of your head and insert the pillows into your nose.
· First adjust the back straps of the Headgear.
· Second adjust the top straps.
· Continue to adjust all straps until the interface fits comfortably on your face with minimal air leakage.
· The side straps and the back straps should be worn close to the ears.
· The back straps should be on the lower part of the head closer to the neck, as opposed to the top of the head.
· Breathe normally, and continue making minor adjustments until you have a comfortable fit with minimal leaks.
· If you are unable to achieve a comfortable fit or resolve leaks at the nose, you may need a different pillow size.
· You may also select a different slot in the headgear for the top strap to achieve a better fit.
· The device can be worn with the tubing on your chest or over your head as you prefer.
· You usually do not need to release the straps to remove the interface.
· Just grasp the reservoir and pull it forward until it clears your nose, and then lift the interface off over your head.
· Remove the headgear from the device by sliding each curved hook out of the reservoir.
· The headgear should be hand-washed following the remaining instructions at least every 7 days.
· Do not machine wash.
· Disassemble the reservoir from the tube assembly by holding the elbow and peeling away the reservoir.
· Do not pull on the tubing to remove the reservoir or the circuit tube.
· Hand-wash all components in warm, soapy water.
· Only use pure soap and do not use alcohol, petroleum products, or strong cleaners.
· Make sure that the exhalation ports on the elbow are free of any obstructions.
· Rinse thoroughly and shake excess water from interior surfaces of components.
· Allow all components to completely air-dry, away from direct sunlight.
· Carefully inspect each component for any wear or damage.
· Discontinue use if you notice any cracks in the plastic, any tears or hardening of the silicone, or significant fraying or loss of elasticity of the headgear.
· Discoloration is normal after several washings and should not be deemed a sign of wear.
Read the entire instruction manual for a more detailed description of how to use this product. Ask your doctor any questions or doubts you may have regarding this device.