Cheap TENS Units: The Digital Ultima Five TENS w/Timer
When it comes to cheap TENS units, the Digital Ultima Five seems even more affordable than it actually is, especially if you weigh the price against its five modes of treatment and overall level of quality.
- Dual Channels, Isolated between channels.
- Wave Form:
- Symmetrical Bi-phasic rectangular.
- Mono-phasic rectangular.
- Amplitude: Maximum 130 mA (peak value) across 500 Ohm load.
- Pulse Width: From 50µS to 250µS adjustable.
- Frequency: 2 to 150 Hz, adjustable.
- Maximum Charge: 20 micro coulombs per pulse.
- Modes: Constant, Burst I, Burst II, Modulation I and Modulation II.
- Low battery indicator illuminates when the power supply voltage falls below 6.5 volts.
- Timer: Continuous, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90 minutes selectable.
- Power Source: 2 AA LR6 Alkaline batteries.
- Includes 4 Square Electrodes, 2 Lead Wires, 2 - AA Alkaline Batteries, Instruction Booklet, Carrying Case.
The digital Ultima Five TENS device is recommended for immediate relief of acute or chronic pain; relief for back, foot, shoulder, and neck pain; relaxation of muscle spasms; promotion of local blood circulation; immediate post-op stimulation; maintenance or increase of range-of-motion; prevention or retardation of disuse atrophy; muscle re-education; and immediate post-op stimulation of calf muscles to prevent deep vein thrombosis. All of that from one of the cheap TENS units? Not too bad.
This product is not to be used on people who have cardiac pacemakers. Similarly, it should not be used over the nerves, muscles or arteries of the throat or the larynx, or to treat undiagnosed pain syndromes. The control settings should not be adjusted when operating vehicles, heavy equipment, machinery or tools. Finally, monitors and alarms for EKG units may not function properly when in the presence of the Ultima 5. And that goes for all such devices whether they are cheap TENS units or not.
Apply the electrode pads on or around the area where pain is experienced. Replace the batteries whenever it is necessary. Adjust the controls and settings for frequency and voltage as well as the duration and intensity of the stimulation that suit you better. Refrain from using electrode pads measuring less than 1.5 x 1.5 inches. Read and follow the instruction manual carefully. Consult a doctor before using electrotherapy and use this device under his or her supervision. Keep this product away from the reach of children.