The IF 4K Digital Interferential Unit product review
The IF 4K Digital Interferential Unit is an interferential (IF) stimulation device that helps to relieve pain and inflammation related to back pain, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, muscular pain, and sports injuries.
· Dual channels, isolated between channels.
· 6 treatment programs.
· Waveform: Symmetrical Balanced Sine Wave.
· Output Current: Adjustable, 0-33 mA across 500 Ohm load on each channel.
· Beat Frequency: 2-160 Hz.
· Carrier Frequency: 4000Hz (with ±1% tolerance) fixed on Channel 1.
· Modulating Frequency: 4002 ― 4160Hz (with ±1% tolerance) adjustable on Channel 2
· Power Source: 4 x 1.5V AA Size battery; or, AC/DC adaptor (Input: 100-240V AC; Output: 6V, 1A DC).
· Low battery indicator.
· Timer: Continuous, 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes.
· Usage Timer: Maximum 999 hours, 59 minutes.
· Automatic Power Off: If the output continually remains at zero for 5 minutes, the device will automatically shut itself down.
· Storage and use conditions: Temperature 0-40°C; air humidity 30%-75%; air pressure 700hPa-1060hPa.
· Includes device, electrodes, lead wires, AA batteries, instruction manual, soft case
The IF 4K crosses two alternating currents with medium frequencies that ‘interfere’ with one another – hence the name ‘interferential therapy.’ This device not only circumvents the problems associated with low frequency currents but, unlike TENS units – which delivers intermittent pulses to stimulate surface nerves and block the pain signal – IF delivers continuous stimulation deep into a targeted area of the body. Additionally, it has a flip cell phone appearance for user privacy.
Skin rash or irritation and electrode burn may rarely occur after long-term electrode application, in which case the user should stop using the unit and see a local doctor.
Read the instruction manual before using the device. Place the electrodes according to the instructions of your doctor. The IF 4K Digital Interferential Unit should only be used under the continued guidance of a healthcare provider. Patients are encouraged to talk with their doctor prior to using this device, because it may cause lethal rhythm disturbances in the heart in susceptible individuals. Keep this product out of the reach of children. Stimulation should not be applied over, or in proximity to, cancerous lesions; when the patient is in the bath or shower; while the patient is sleeping; while the patient is driving, operating machinery, or during any activity in which electrical stimulation can put the patient at risk of injury.