Discount Medical Supplies dressing and wound supplies store
Here is a wound supplies store within a general medical supplies store. This virtual wing of Discount Medical Supplies is so well-stocked that you’d be hard pressed to find a better supply, even in stores devoted solely to dressings, sponges, tape, bandages, and so on and so forth. These products will not only stop you bleeding but also your wallet, as you won’t have to pay extra for wound supplies. And as for quality? These products could contain the Brutus-inflicted wound of Julius Caesar – known as ‘the most unkindest cut of all.’
DMS wound care products
· Dressings. These are used by medical staff, caregivers, and patients to tend to and heal wounds, as well as to prevent infection and other complications. Dressings come directly in contact with wounds to absorb fluid, debride, contain hemorrhage, and overall promote a faster healing process.
· Burn care. Our wound supplies store includes both dressings and antiseptic solutions for minor and major burns. These supplies may also be used after emergency treatment, as long as they are prescribed by a doctor.
· Cotton tipped applicators. Versatile medical swabs used for wound treatment. Made of plastic or wooden shafts in several sizes, they also come in the variety of sterile and non-sterile applications for the different situations. These medical supplies are very useful when caring for a wound.
· First aid kits. Keeping at least one of these at home, at work, and in the car is essential to address emergencies that can occur anywhere, at any time.
· Gauze. Used for dressing wounds where other fabrics could stick to reduce the trauma of changing. The translucent fabric lets air reach the wound while protecting it from infection risk. Gauze products from the Discount Medical Supplies wound supplies store come in different shapes and sizes to adapt to any type of wound, as well as presentations including those impregnated with a mixture of fast healing medications or covered with porous films.
· Sponges. Used in a variety of procedures to remove wound fluid or pick dead tissue from the surface of the skin.
· Tape. Adhesive tape is used to hold a bandage or dressing in place. Tape supplies have a hypoallergenic adhesive that prevents negative skin reactions, and may contain zinc oxide to prevent infection. Many adhesive tape supplies have a microporous fabric to provide a breathable surface to allow air to reach the skin.
· Wound cleansers. The DMS wound supplies store makes these available in the process of caring for a wound to promote correct healing.
· Debridement. Remove damaged tissue and foreign objects from the wound before cleansing the wound.
· Wound drainage. Maintain the right amount of moisture on the wound and keep an ongoing diagnosis. The wound healing process involves the use of wound drainage products of different types of exudation fluids such as blood discharges or a serous liquid. The type of wound and its exudates will determine the type of wound drainage supplies to be used.
· Band aids. The more common way to deal with small, superficial cuts.
· Bandages. Provide support to the body by holding a dressing to a wound or a splint. Depending on the wound, bandage products can be molded accordingly. Often confused with wound dressings – which are specifically created to come in contact with the affected area to provide proper healing – bandages are used to support a dressing or a wound.
· Wound care accessories. A list of wound supplies store items and products with affordable prices to achieve a fast and proper healing time.