Drive Medical Deluxe Full Length Hospital Bed Side Rail
The Deluxe Full Length Hospital Bed Side Rail is a piece of hospital equipment supplies that is easy to adjust up or down with a spring-loaded release mechanism.
· Attractive finish.
· Made with 1” steel/
· Spring-loaded crossbars are east to install or remove.
· Telescopes with the movement of the bed.
· Extra support.
One of the things people like the most about this bed side rail is that it is sturdy. Says an Amazon customer reviewer, “sturdy and well-made for the price.” Or, “nice sturdy bed rails and match my mom’s hospital bed very well.” Another user adds that about this example of hospital equipment supplies that “my mom has Alzheimer's and sometimes wants to wander at night. In addition, she broke her hip and had hip replacement surgery two months ago. The hospital bed my mom had came with short bed rails that were not effectively meeting her needs. These new bed rails have worked very well keeping her safely in bed at night. Since they are adjustable, at night we expand them to their full length. They are relatively easy to raise and lower with pull out buttons on each end of the rail. They are sturdy as well since they latch on to the hospital bed frame and have a support that runs under the mattress. Thankfully, mom has recovered from hip surgery and can walk pretty well using a walker. These bed rails have been a great help.”
Other users warn that “this particular model is designed to be used with a standard hospital-width bed, and won't fit anything wider. There is another model available (the "home style" model) with extensions to fit a full, queen, or king bedframe,” or that the “only thing I don't like is the very bottom rail. It makes it hard to tuck in her sheets.”
1. Extend one rail to reach the head and foot—end crossbraces.
2. Insert outer telescoping rails into the barrel of head-end crossbrace.
3. Pull and hold spring loaded knob on head-end barrel.
4. Adjust bed rail to one of the three positions.
5. Release spring loaded knob on head-end barrel.
6. Raise or lower bed rail until the spring loaded knob ‘clicks’ securely into the lower or upper adjustment hole or until the rail stop securely rests against the barrel.
7. Insert inner telescoping rail into the barrel of foot-end crossbrace.
8. Pull and hold spring loaded knob on foot-end barrel.
9. Adjust the bed rail to the position determined in step 4.
10. Release spring loaded knob on foot-end barrel.
11. Raise or lower rail until spring loaded knob ‘clicks’ securely into the lower or upper adjustment hole or until rail stop securely rests against the barrel.
12. Repeat steps 1 through 11 to install the other bed rail onto opposite side of the bed.
1. Hold rail while pulling spring loaded knob.
2. Lower or raise rail to the desired height
3. Release the knob and lower or raise the rail until the spring loaded knob ‘clicks’ into position (unless the rail is already at the lowest position).
4. Repeat step 3 for the opposite end of the bed rail.
5. Make sure the head and foot-end of the bed rails are at the same height.
Refer to the actual Drive Medical Deluxe Full Length Hospital Bed Side Rail for helpful illustrations.