Drive Medical Plastic Transfer Bench w/Adjustable Backrest
The Plastic Transfer Bench with Adjustable Backrest is a reversible, versatile, durable, and safe (no exposed hardware) online medical supply.
· Accommodates both left and right tub entry.
· Blow-molded plastic bench and backrest.
· Extension legs with extra large suction cups that lock.
· Dual Column extension legs height adjust in 1/2" increments.
· Strong ‘A’ frame construction.
· Tool-free assembly.
· Pinch-free lever allows for push pins to be depressed without pinching fingers.
This transfer bench is rather sturdy so users need not worry that it will collapse under their weight – as long as they don’t weight over 400lbs. This online medical supply allows people with limited mobility – due to injury, age, or a medical condition such as a stroke – to regain a quantum of independence. Physical therapists recommend it and healthcare professionals even buy it for their elderly patients.
Some people say that this product is too big, but they probably don’t realize two of the legs of the bench stick out of the tub; that way you sit on the edge of the bench and slide into the tub.
We recommend users to keep the following precautions in mind when they use this product:
· Check all parts for damage before assembly. Do not use if there is shipping damage.
· Make sure that the height adjusting snap buttons completely come through the same respective hole of each leg extension. This will make sure that the leg extensions are securely locked in position and an even height is achieved.
· Check that all screws, nuts and/or bolts are tightened.
· Inspect the rubber tips on the leg extensions for rips, wear or if they are missing. Immediately replace any or all in case of any imperfection.
· All four leg extensions with rubber tips must touch the floor simultaneously at all times.
· Change the seat depth of the transfer bench by pushing the pins under the seat and sliding the tubes forward until the pins lock into place.
· Do not stand on the bench.
· Adjust the height of each leg to your particular needs before using.
· Make sure that all legs are at the same height.
· When the desired height is reached, lock legs into place by aligning buttons into the proper holes.
· Push down or pull up on legs to make sure that they are locked in place.
Additionally, take the time to read the instruction manual in full before assembling and using the Drive Medical Plastic Transfer Bench w/Adjustable Backrest. In case of doubts, ask your primary care provider.