Home medical equipment: Transport Wheelchair Chair in a Bag
The Travelite Transport Wheelchair Chair in a Bag is that type of home medical equipment that can be easily conveyed anywhere else. It comes with a compact carry bag that makes it ideal for stowing away in cars, buses, trains, and more.
· 18" square nylon seat canvas with lift up straps.
· 8" solid tires.
· Padded, flip up desk arms.
· Height-adjustable footrests.
· Parking wheel locks.
· Stepper tube.
· Rear wheel.
· Front castor.
· Armrest Release Button.
· Footplate receiver.
· Half Fold Back Mech.
· Push handle.
· Folding backrest.
· Ideal for use indoors and outdoors.
· Lightweight yet sturdy aluminum.
· Convenient step for the attendant to lift the chair over obstacles.
· Weight capacity: 250 lbs.
This piece of home medical equipment is well built, solid for a fold-up, with all the quick connections in the right place. It rides smooth like butter and doesn't rattle at all. It takes about 5-minutes to setup and about 3 minutes to fold up. Plus, the carry bag makes it really convenient to transport or send through baggage claims. It stores well with a small footprint and would fit in even the smallest of car trunks. If you're looking for a great portable, traveling-type wheel chair, this may be the one for you. Sturdy, compact, good value (especially at the Discount Medical Supplies price of $168 – save up to 27%).
The design that makes the chair fold up so compactly means there is not a solid bar running front to back along each side as there would be in a folding wheel chair. Additionally, the design of the leg rests is different than a wheel chair with removable ones. Only the lower portion comes off, leaving about half the length attached to/protruding from the chair which would be a real impediment during a sliding transfer.
· This transport chair is propelled by a caregiver pushing using the handgrips on the push handles.
· The stepper tube can be used to lift the front castors to allow the chair to negotiate door thresholds, dropped curbs, and other obstacles.
· Press down on the stepper tube with a foot to allow the front castors to lift.
· Not suitable for climbing curbs and obstacles over 2 inches (5cm).
· Never push down on the push handles to raise the front castors lest damage or injury occur.
· Use slow speeds on gradients.
· Do not use on gradients above 10º.
· Do not use on escalators.
· Maintain proper balance at all times.
· The user should not move his or her center of gravity outside of the seat area.
· Do not reach for items further than your arm will extend.
· Be aware of environmental hazards such as rugs, steps, narrow doorways, household appliances, and children’s toys.
· Not recommended for side transfers.
· The brakes are only for use as parking brakes and not to slow down the chair during motion.