Home medical supplies: Vicks Personal Steam Inhaler
The Vicks Personal Steam Inhaler is belongs to a group of home medical supplies that offer all the benefits of steam inhalation therapy right in the comfort of your home. Enjoy relief of cold, flu, bronchitis, sinusitis, laryngitis, cough, congestion, and allergies.
· Controlled, concentrated vapor therapy.
· Ideal for home, office, and travel.
· Easy storage.
· Adjustable steam control.
· On/off indicator light.
· Working voltage: 120v.
· Steam penetrates nasal, sinus, throat passages naturally.
· 5- to 15-minute treatment.
· Comfortable, soft, plastic hood.
Breathing warm, moist air immediately relieves the aforementioned conditions by reducing the production of mucus and alleviating nasal congestion, coughing, sore throat discomfort, and headache pain. The inhalation of natural steam decreases discomfort and achieve swift relief of sinusitis and allergies. Recommended by The National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases and by doctors everywhere. As some of the reviews of these home medical supplies on Amazon say, “I've been using it whenever my sinus is blocked and it does a great job. Very low maintenance and the cost (water + a bit of electricity) is close to nothing to what it uses;” “it's compact, requires no assembly, is easy to use and the flow of steam is adjustable;” “This "personal" steam inhaler is as small and lightweight as it could be and do the job as advertised.”
On the more critical side, one user said that “I bought this because I recently developed respiratory problems, I thought it would help and it did for a week then I noticed a strange smell and crusty white plastic residue inside. The boiling chamber is plastic? Why?” But as he admitted himself, “Maybe mine is defective.”
· Fully unravel the cord to avoid overheating.
· Do not use extension cords.
· Place the Vicks Personal Steam Inhaler on a flat, stable surface.
· Remove the inhaler hood.
· Turn the vent assembly counterclockwise until the index line is in alignment with the arrow on the top of the base.
· Lift the vent assembly straight up to remove it.
After each use
· Remove inhaler hood and vent assembly and wipe dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
· Pour any water left in the reservoir out and wipe the reservoir and base with a dry, clean cloth or paper towel.
· Do not immerse the base in water or any other liquid.
· Replace the vent assembly and inhaler hood.
· Store in a cool, dry place.
· Remove inhaler hood and vent assembly.
· Pour 2 oz of undiluted white vinegar into the Water Reservoir and let sit for 10 minutes.
· Empty the white vinegar and rinse out Water Reservoir with fresh, clean tap water.
· Dry the Water Reservoir and Base with a clean cloth or paper towel.
· Wash Inhaler Hood with mild soap and warm water then carefully rinse off all soap with fresh, clean tap water.
· Dry the Inhaler Hood with a clean cloth or paper towel.
· Replace Vent Assembly and Inhaler Hood.
· Store in a cool, dry place.
· Always unplug and empty when not in use or when cleaning it.
· Do not use while bathing.
· Do not overfill.
· Keep out of the reach of children.
· Use only as directed in the instruction manual.
· Do not move of lift unit while in use.
· Never operate with a damaged cord.
· Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
· Do not use while sleepy or drowsy.
· Do not use in areas where aerosol products are in use or where oxygen is administered.
· Never use without water.
· Ask your doctor about using a steam inhaler.
· Read the instructions in their entirety before using this product.