Hospital equipment supplies: Alternating Pressure Pump System
You can have hospital equipment supplies at home with the Med Aire Alternating Pressure Pump and Pad System used to prevent, treat, and manage pressure ulcers – also known as bed sores.
· Low air loss.
· 130 individual bubble cells.
· Maximum comfort and effectiveness.
· 4 LPM (Liters per Minute) pump.
· Consistent air flow and pressure.
· 5-Minute cycle time.
· Bubble pad design.
· Superior therapeutic treatment.
· Built-in bracket for mounting easily to bed.
· Easy-to-change filter.
· Pad is made of long lasting durable heavy gauge premium vinyl.
· Quiet pump technology alternately inflates and deflates the pads air cells.
· Variable Pressure setting on Deluxe Pump.
The alternating pressure helps eliminate bed sores that still people get in bed. This works just like hospital equipment supplies of the same class do. This product accomplishes its purpose; it reduces the pressure on the patient's body due to the alternating pressure in the pad, which helps preventing pressure ulcers, as well as helps dealing with existing ones. Very easy to put together. It was inflated in about 15 mins. It fits a hospital bed and alternates the pressure over several zones, it changes the pressure every five minutes. The pump can be put on the floor or hooked on the bed and runs fairly quietly. The price was unbelievable at Discount Medical Supplies.
Some users have the odd complain about this product, but even they admit that they probably got a “lemon,” given the overwhelming majority of positive reviews.
· Always unplug immediately after use.
· Do not use while bathing.
· Do not place or store where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
· Do not place in or drop into water or other liquids.
· Do not reach for a product that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
· Never left unattended when plugged in.
· Close supervision is required when used by, on, or near children or physically challenged individuals.
· Use only for its intended use as described in the instruction manual – which you should read in full before operating this product (these recommendations are only for illustrative purposes).
· Never operate this product if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water.
· Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
· Never block the air openings.
· Keep the air openings free of lint, hair, and the like.
· Never drop or insert any object into any opening or hose.
· Do not use in or near explosive atmospheres, or where aerosol products are being used.
· Do not pump combustible liquids or vapors with the product or use in or near an area where there may be flammable or explosive liquids of vapors may exist.
· Do not operate in an oxygen enriched environment.
· Use only in well ventilated areas.
· Connect to a properly grounded outlet only.