Hot n Cold: The Aqua Relief Hot/Cold Therapy System
The Aqua Relief Hot/Cold Therapy System provides pain relief and helps with diabetes management by continuously circulating hot or cold water around a joint and adding compression to decrease pain and inflammation. Diabetes can decrease circulation around the lower legs and feet, causing foot problems such as swelling and dryness, and leading to injuries healing poorly. This product combines hot and cold therapy to alleviate edema and swelling, promote circulation, and prevent ulcers, infections, and other diabetes-related foot problems.
- 360 degree treatments.
- Adjustable temperature with timer.
- Allows joint movement without loosing ice.
- Relieves aching joints and sore muscles.
- Decreases pain and discomfort of neuropathy.
- Lowers risk of skin damage.
- Heat improves circulation and cell function, reduces tendon and ligament stiffness and muscle spasms, relaxes muscles, and minimizes pain.
- Cold decreases swelling and pain, limits bleeding at injury site, and helps treat chronic pain.
The Aqua Relief Hot/Cold Therapy System does not actually heat or chill water; instead it keeps cold water cold and hot water hot – according to the temperature of the water when the device is filled – during the amount of time set with the timer. Burns can occur regardless of control settings, so check skin under pad every 20 minutes. The device can be so cold as to cause serious injury to the skin.
- Do not operate this device without water. For cold therapy, fill with ice to above fill line and with water to fill line; refill ice as required. For hot therapy, fill with warm tap water to fill line.
- Distilled water helps device run cleaner but it is not necessary for operation.
- Empty unit of water after using it.
- Unplug immediately after use.
- Turn device off when not using it.
- Do not use directly against the skin.
- Check for discomfort 15 minutes after applying pad.
- Take rests from treatments, in particular those exceeding 60 minutes.
- For indoor use only.
- Connect to properly grounded outlet.
- Do not pull on cord to unplug.
- Set unit on a surface that tolerates spills or water absorption, since spillage can occur during use.
- Ask your doctor for recommended treatment settings.
- Ask your doctor about contraindications and risk factors for cold-induced injury.
- Discontinue use and consult your doctor if you experience increased pain, burning, increased swelling, itching, blisters, increased redness, discoloration, welts, rash, changes in skin appearance, or any other adverse event. Some redness can be expected.
- Not to be used by disabled people, unconscious people, or people with low blood circulation without supervision.
- Do not use while sleeping.
- Do not apply over cancerous lesions, wounds, infected areas, or open sores.
- Patients with suspected or diagnosed heart problems or suspected or diagnosed epilepsy should use this unit with caution.
- Safety for use during pregnancy has not been determined.