20 modes in a single TENS unit? Meet the TENS Ultima 20
The Ultima 20 TENS unit features a staggering 20 modes all rolled into a compact, portable device.
· Dual Channels.
· Wave Form: Symmetrical Bi-phasic rectangular; Monophasic rectangular; Asymmetrical Bi-phasic rectangular.
· Amplitude: Maximum 130 mA (peak value) across 500 Ohm load.
· Pulse Width: From 50µs to 250µs adjustable.
· Frequency: 1 to 150 Hz, adjustable.
· Modes: 8 manual modes, 12 preset modes.
· Timer: Continuous, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90 minute selectable.
· Power Source: 2 AA LR6 Alkaline batteries.
· Temperature and relative humidity of storage: -20°C--+80°C , 8%-80 % R.H .
· Temperature and relative humidity of transportation : -20°C--+80°C,8%--80% R.H.
· Includes 1 pair of lead wires, 1 pack of electrodes, batteries, carrying case, user manual, belt clip.
This TENS unit has almost as many uses as it has different modes. For example, it can be used for the immediate relief of acute or chronic pain; pain relief for back, foot, shoulder, neck; relaxation of muscle spasms; increasing local blood circulation; immediate post-op stimulation; maintaining or increasing range-of-motion; prevention of retardation of disuse atrophy; muscle re-education; etc. This is all accomplished non-invasively and without the negative side effects associated with prescription painkillers.
The TENS Ultima 20 should not be used on people who have a demand-type cardiac pacemaker. Stimulation of the nerves, muscles, or arteries of the throat or larynx could cause strong contractions that could result in the airways closing. Monitors and alarms for EKG machines may not function properly in the presence of an operating TENS unit. This device should not be used to treat pain syndromes which etiology has not been established. Irritation of the skin and electrode burns are among the very few but potential adverse side effects.
Use electrode pads 1.5" x 1.5" in or larger. Do not adjust the control setting of the unit when driving a vehicle, or operating heavy equipment, machinery or tools. Make sure not to fall asleep during the administration of electrotherapy, especially when unsupervised. Keep away from children.
· Place the electrodes on or around the area where pain is being experienced.
· Change the batteries on the Ultima 20 TENS unit whenever needed.
· Vary the controls and settings (both the frequency and voltage).
· Determine and set the proper duration and intensity of the stimulation.
· Read and follow the entire instruction manual.
· Ask the listen to the advice of your doctor.
Related: Ultima 20 Product Review