OneTouch UltraMini Blood Glucose Monitoring System Kit
Despite its name and the fact that it provides results as quickly as 5 seconds, the OneTouch UltraMini Blood Glucose Monitoring System Kit is anything but touch-and-go. Quite the contrary, the OneTouch UltraMini Meter glucose value is deemed accurate when it is inside ±20% of laboratory measurement. To that effect, this product’s results are plasma-calibrated so as to render them comparable to laboratory test results. This blood glucose monitor consists of a test port where the strip tests is inserted, an easy-to-read display screen, and up/down buttons to turn it on and off and select or change information.
- Reported result range: 20–600 mg/dL.
- Calibration: Plasma-equivalent.
- Sample: Fresh capillary whole blood.
- Test time 5 seconds.
- Assay method: Glucose oxidase biosensor.
- Power source: One replaceable 3.0 Volt CR 2032 lithium battery (or equivalent).
- Unit of measure: mg/dL.
- Memory: 500 blood glucose test results.
- Automatic shutoff: 2 minutes after last action.
- Size: 4.25 x 1.26 x .67 inches.
- Weight: Approximately 1.4 oz with battery.
- Operating ranges: Temperature: 43–111 ° F, altitude: up to 10,000 feet, relative humidity: 10–90%, hematocrit: 30–55%.
- Includes: battery, lancing device, lancet(s), carrying case.
- Sold separately: OneTouch Ultra Test Strips, OneTouch Ultra Control Solution, Clear Cap for AST testing.
The OneTouch UltraMini is so small that it can easily be carried in your purse or pocket. Navigation has been streamlined to two simple buttons for ease of use. This device’s memory can store up to 500 previous results.
Users must code the meter. Codes are numbers on the test strip vial intended to calibrate the monitor with the strips in order to get accurate results. However, coding is only required before using the meter for the first time and when changing to a new vial of strips.
- Have control solution, lancing device and sterile lancets, test strips, and blood glucose monitor at the ready.
- If the code on the monitor doesn’t match that on the test strip vial, use the up/down buttons to match them.
- Perform a control solution test to practice; once weekly; when opening a new test strip vial; if you think the strips may not be working properly; if you have unexpected results; and if you drop or damage the monitor.
- Choose the right sampling site at the right time; i.e.:
Fingertip, forearm, or palm
- Read the product’s manual and follow instructions carefully.
- When in doubt, ask your doctor.