Open Sesame: The Doormatic Automatic Door Opener
The Drive Medical Doormatic Automatic Door Opener is a unique device that opens and closes internal doors automatically. A simple push or pull is enough to open or close a door – no tools, drilling or structural modifications to the door or door frame are necessary. Instead, a simple and easy to use menu enables the user to set the waiting time before the door opens or closes, as well as how fast the door will perform either motion. In addition to that, this item automatically detects obstacles and stops the command.
· Automatically opens and closes internal doors.
· Battery operated.
· Includes obstacle detection for extra safety.
· Easy "Tool-Free" installation with Velcro® Easy-to-read menu.
· No drilling, no tools, no structural changes to door or door frame.
· Works on many different surfaces.
· Simple "push" or "pull" activates the automatic door opener.
· Revolutionizes opening doors.
· Waiting time and speed can be pre-determined.
· Operating Angle: 45° to 180°.
· Product Dimensions: 22.64 x 9.25 x 4.92 inches.
· Weight capacity: 50kg door leaf weight.
An Amazon reviewer found the Doormatic Automatic Door Opener very helpful, saying that “I'm disabled from a car accident. I recently remodeled my home, and discovered that the new door to my bedroom was heavier and more difficult to open than it had been. I bought this device to open the door for me and make it easier to get around in my own home. I had a problem with the first one I was sent.
It was defective. I contacted the seller and the manufacturer. To make a long story short, they were amazing! I had a new replacement unit within days, and it works great.” Another benefit is the device’s user-friendly interface which consists of only 5 buttons:
- Navigate upwards/increase value.
- Navigate downwards/decrease value.
- Return without saving settings.
- Confirm selection and save settings.
On the other hand, another said that “I would not recommend this product. Door is super slow to open, and does not work some time. For the price, not worth it at all.” But as the first user quoted said, there are bound to be exceptions to the rule, but this is a case in which one bad apple does not spoil the whole bunch. In any case, this device can only be installed on even door surfaces.
Do not use the Doormatic for fire doors, smoke compartment doors, escape doors, and any other door with specific requirements. Traction wheels work on even and dry floor surfaces, which must be kept clean of dirt, dust, grease, oil, and other impurities. Read and follow the owner manual’s instructions.