Product Review: Cybertech S.P.I.N.E. Plus Semi-Rigid Back Brace
The Cybertech Rigid Back Brace uses a high tech trademarked and patented design to provide ergonomically correct support for any person’s lower back.
This orthopedic support device includes the following features:
- The brace is designed with a pulley system that enables the wearer to adjust the configuration of the brace with a simple single handed motion.
This brace opens at the front and can easily be placed around the patient’s waist and fastened at the front. The pulley handle is at one side of the waist, and the wearer need only give it a tug to tighten the compression and support, or release tension to adjust for relaxation when sitting or reclining.
- The fabric components of the brace are made of breathable nylon that allows for air circulation and wicking away of perspiration and moisture.
- This brace is available in seven distinct sizes, designated primarily by the waist measurement of the patient: the extra small fits patients with waist sizes ranging from twenty inches to twenty five inches, the small fits waists from 25 to 30 inches, the medium fits patients with waist circumference ranging from 30 to 35inches, the large size suits people with 35 to 40 inch waist, the extra large is made for people measuring between forty and forty five inches, the double extra large fits waists from forty five inches to fifty inches, and the triple extra large can extend from fifty inches to fifty five inches in circumference.
- Additional size parameters include the height of the posterior, or rear, panel (which ranges from seven and a half inches on the extra small to ten inches on the triple extra large) and the height of the anterior, or front, panel (ranging from five inches on the extra small brace to nine inches for the triple extra large model).
What Buyers Like About the Product
Buyers enjoy these features of the orthopedic support:
- The pulley adds the mechanical advantage that permits the user to make even substantial adjustments without exerting much effort. This can be particularly useful for patients who have arthritis or other conditions that cause pain or weakness in the hands.
- The cleverly designed contoured panels are precisely configured to naturally fit the body’s shape, enhancing the comfort while providing robust support for the back.
- This brace can be worn directly against the skin and underneath street clothing, or layered over an undershirt, as the patient prefers.
- Additional pads, available from the manufacturer, can be incorporated to personalize the fit and increase comfort.
What Buyers Don’t Like About the Product
Compared to some of the all fabric back brace models, the hard plastic components of this brace might seem likely to cause discomfort.
The Cybertech S.P.I.N.E. Plus Semi Rigid Back Brace proves itself well worth its price when a back patient experiences its comfortable support and advanced design features.