Quattro EMS Clinical Unit for care providers
The Quattro EMS Clinical Unit is part of a group of rehab and pain management supplies that all doctors should keep in their offices.
· Four isolated channels.
· 3 Modes: Synchronous, Constant, Alternation.
· Pulse Amplitude: Adjustable 0-100mA peak into 500 ohm load each channel, constant current.
· Pulse Frequency: 1Hz-160Hz (adjustable) 1Hz/step.
· Pulse Width: 300us fixed.
· Wave Form: Asymmetrical Bi-Phasic Square Pulse.
· Cycle On TIme: Adjustable 1-30 seconds, 1sec/step.
· Cycle Off Time: Adjustable 1-30 seconds, 1sec/step.
· On Ramp: Adjustable 1-8 seconds, 1 sec/step.
· Power Source: 9-Volt Adaptor or 6 AA Batteries.
· Includes AC Adapter, batteries, manual, electrodes, lead wires, and carrying case.
The most doctor-friendly thing about this product is that it allows you to treat 2 patients independently or at the same time. Use the unit's pulses and four isolated channels to target different areas of pain in patients’ bodies. Personalize the stimulation according to a patient’s individual requirements by adjusting the amplitude and frequency of the pulse. Choose the amount of minutes you want the unit to treat your patient to get just the right amount of therapy. This piece of rehab and pain management supplies can be used to relax muscle spasms, prevent muscle retardation of disuse atrophy, increase circulation, re-educate muscles, provide post-operatory stimulation, and maintain or increase range-of-motion.
The Quattro has few if any downsides; like all electrotherapy devices, there may be electrode burns after prolonged use on the same area of the body. The long-term effects of chronic electrical stimulation are not known.
· Do not apply stimulation over the carotid sinus nerves, especially in patients whom you know to have sensitivity to the carotid sinus reflex.
· Do not apply stimulation over the neck or mouth.
· Severe spasm of the laryngeal and pharyngeal muscles may occur and the contractions may be strong enough to close the airway or cause breathing difficulties.
· Do not apply stimulation trans-thoracically because the introduction of electrical current into the heart may cause cardiac arrhythmias.
· Do not apply stimulation over swollen, infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions such as phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, etc.
· Do not apply stimulation over, or near, cancerous lesions.
· Do not apply stimulation across the head.
· EMS devices should be used only under the continued supervision of a physician such as yourself.
Related: Quattro EMS IF Unit Product Review