Rehab products and pain management supplies: Ankle stabilizer
The Futuro Sport Deluxe Ankle Stabilizer is a piece of rehab products and pain management supplies that provides fitted, anatomically-correct support to help in the relief of the symptoms of strains, sprains, arthritis, and repetitive stress injuries. It can also help the user avoid re-injuring the same area.
· Easy to put on and take off.
· Moisture wicking.
· Soothing warm and comfort.
· Reinforced side stabilizers.
· Ankle straps.
· Lifts and supports arch.
· Easy sleeve design.
· Fits comfortably in shoe.
· Can be used on either ankle.
· Support level: moderate-stabilizing.
User reviews on the Futuro website make it clear that this product is ideal for athletes. For example, “I use the ankle braces for ankle protection as I play volleyball and basketball on a weekly basis. The main reason I use this product is bc it's lightweight, provides moderate support, and isn't bulky like other ankle braces ( i.e. Ankle Active T1, T2) tend to be. Stabilization, along with comfort;” or “I played 3 sports in high school and basketball in college so I know good supports when I see them. I've used the Futuro Custom Ankle Stabilizer for both of my ankles and have no problems with them anymore. They provide great support, but are also comfortable and not bulky in my shoes - like most other brands have been. They custom fit your ankle and foot and they're a super product for a great price.” However, ankle stabilizers are also great rehab products and pain management supplies for “people who have weak ankles.”
On the same website, one user complained that it is “a little bulky.” Then again, the immediately following review said “this stabilizer is not bulky so you can still wear your favorite shoes.”
Wear and care
1. Open all hook fasteners and slide your foot into the Futuro Sport Deluxe Ankle Stabilizer. Loop the top strap through the buckle, pull, and secure it. The fit should be firm but comfortable.
2. Pull left foot strap up and over the top of your foot, attaching the hook fastener to the opposite side of the ankle stabilizer.
3. Repeat the same instructions for the right foot strap. Adjust both straps until the fit around the bottom of your foot feels firm but comfortable.
· Attach all closures before washing.
· Hand wash with mild soap in warm water.
· Rinse well and air-dry.
· Do not machine-wash, tumble-dry, or use bleach or fabric softeners.