TENS Unit Supplies: Jstim 1000 Hand Therapy Sleep System
When you think about TENS unit supplies, electrode pads and lead wires come to your mind. But if you really want to complement your daytime electrotherapy arthritis pain management regime, why not try the Jstim 1000 Joint System Hand? Although this conductive garment is equipped with daytime, basic TENS settings, its nighttime mode is the real sleeper hit here, allowing your hand joints to receive 5 to 7 hours of electrical stimulation even while you’re catching Z’s.
- Can be used at night.
- Four Modes.
- Single Channel.
- Rechargeable Battery.
- Easy To Use.
- One Size Fits Most.
- Includes Soft Hand Wrap, Conductive Glove, Conductive Ground Pad for Armband, Armband and Compression Glove, JSTIM Device, Conductive Spray, Lead Wires, Compression Wrap.
As mentioned above, the great advantage of this product is that it can be worn during sleep thanks to its nighttime mode. This mode is a cumulative therapy program for nighttime use and/or 5 to 7 hour therapy sessions. Choose from 1:45, 3:30, 5:15, or 7:00 (in hours) treatment times. Additionally, the daytime mode comes with the three basic modes that you may have already come to know from other TENS unit supplies: Normal, Burst, and Modulation. All things considered, this device can help relieve pain related to osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, as well as promote circulation, all the while remaining a non-narcotic, non-invasive approach to pain management.
The daytime mode is exclusively for use while the person is awake for short, 1 to 2 hour sessions. The user must always make sure not to fall asleep with the Jstim on in the daytime mode. It’s not like it’s going to turn into Freddy Krueger’s glove but still, better safe than sorry. This may seem like a deterrent to some, but it’s only a matter of getting used to switching modes accordingly. In addition to that, a mild redness may be noticed in the treatment area, caused current passing through the skin. However, this is normal for all TENS unit supplies. Having established this, this unit is safe, effective, and convenient.
- Do not use more than the recommended 7 hours a day, 5 to 6 days a week without your doctor’s approval.
- The Jstim’s effect is cumulative rather than immediate; therefore, it is recommended to use it for about 1,500 to 2,000 hours for full effect.
- Use of the device may be decreased after improved and sustained therapy results are observed (after approximately 12 weeks).
- Become familiar with the elements that comprise this unit.
- Remove all jewelry that the device would cover.
- Use only on unbroken, healthy skin.
- Clean and dry the area.
- Read and follow the instruction manual carefully.
- Consult a doctor before using this product if you’re over the age of 65 or are a pregnant woman.
- Not to be used by unattended by an invalid, unconscious person, or a person with low blood circulation.
- Use a cloth for cleaning the unit – no liquids or chemicals.
- Turn off when not using it.
- Store in a clean, dry area at 0-140 F of temperature.
- And remember… Nine, ten, Never sleep again.... with the Jstim on daytime mode.