Argentum Medical Silverlon® Wound Contact Dressing. Non-adhesive, Highly Conductive Surface
These dressings are composed of knitted fabrics that are flexible, minimally adhering and antimicrobial. This knitted fabric is composed of pure nylon base fibers, 100% covered, uniformly and circumferentially with a thin coat of pure metallic silver approximately (4/100,000 inch). The surface of the nylon-based dressing is plated with pure metallic silver which is the source of the antimicrobial silver ion.
- Indicated for local management of first and second degree burns, incisions, skin grafts, donor sites, lacerations, abrasions, pressure sores, chronic wounds and chronic, dermal, vascular and diabetic ulcers.
- Topical antimicrobial surface reduces bacteria, fungi counts on and around wound area.
- Can be left in place for several days depending on the amount of wound drainage and necrotic tissue present.
- A special modification called the Silverlon® peripad can be applied to an external feminine napkin for lesions of the perineal region and for application after childbirth.
- Also available: Argentum Silverlon® Antimicrobial wound packing strips.